Murray & Spelman Ltd t/a Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Registered No: 218417.
Murray & Spelman (Kildare) Ltd t/a Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Registered No: 159539.
Murray & Spelman (Financial Services) Ltd t/a Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Registered No: 409588.
Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance
- G.F.S.C, Tuam Road, Galway. Phone: 091 759500
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
2. Who are we?
For the last 60 years, Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance has helped many individuals, families, and companies in Ireland gain the safety and security required from our insurance and financial policies. We offer competitive premiums and a quality service in both our Galway and Kildare offices.
Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance provide an extensive range of products and services, including Business Insurance, Personal Insurance, and Financial Planning. We hold excellent relationships with our insurers and banking institutions which allows us to have superb and exclusive markets available to us.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 091 759500
3. Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
In order for us to provide you with insurance and finance products, Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance need to collect personal data for the provision and administration of insurance products and related services along with the purposes of financial analysis.
Our reason for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Legal basis – Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance need to process your data as this is necessary for relation to a contract of insurance to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract.
- If you refuse to provide us with the required personal data, we may be unable to provide you with insurance or process your claim.
In any event, Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
4. How will Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance use the personal data it collects about me?
- Performance of a contract or in order to decide if a contract will take place. For example:
- Provide quote
- Arrange Insurance Policy
- Renew Policy
- Process Claim
- We record calls for regulatory training and quality purposes
- Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
5. Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure the below
- we will obtain your explicit consent
6. Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are: List of insurers we deal with>> If we need to transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
7. Data Subjects Rights:
Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
8. Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body Central Bank of Ireland and our internal governance, or any other legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance’s data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
10. Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract x and you cannot provide this data, the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
a) Risk Profiling
To establish a customer’s attitude to investment risk (relates to pensions and investments) advisors have automated calculators which calculate the customer’s attitude to various levels of risk having answered a series of questions.
b) Profiling for marketing purposes.
When we seek to contact you about other services, we run automated queries on our computerised database to establish the suitability of proposed products or services to your needs.
c) Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services products.
*If you no longer wish for Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance to use your information for marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Additional Processing
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
13. Contact Us
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on 091 759500 or email email@example.com.
Murray # Spelman Insurance and Finance may change this privacy statement from time to time. When such a change is made, we will post a revised version online. Changes will be effective from the point at which they are posted. It is your responsibility to review this privacy statement periodically so you’re aware of any changes. By using our services you agree to this privacy statement.
This privacy statement was last reviewed on 24th May 2018 and is based on the guidelines as set out by Brokers Ireland.