- Insurance policies that are about to expire: – If your home, auto, or life insurance policies are about to expire, you need to take the time to speak with an insurance or financial advisor. Throughout life our needs can change and with it, so should your coverage. You need to understand what assets are important to protect and what cover you may require if something should happen in the future.
- Changes in your family status: – So many new obligations can arise when it comes to those you care about. Anything from planning a wedding to expecting a baby or even the unfortunate passing of someone you love. You’ll want to protect your growing family with adequate life insurance. Losing a family member through death or divorce also should prompt a policy review. Remember to look at your policies and change the beneficiary designations as and when required.
- Moving or remodelling your home: – When you make upgrades, the replacement cost of your house will likely increase. If you relocate or downsize your home, you may be over-insured and may need to make amendments to your home insurance policy. If you move into a larger home, you may be under-insured. Therefore, in all of these situations you must review your coverage to ensure you’re sufficiently protected.
- Starting your own business: – You must consider doing a thorough insurance review in your start-up plans for any new business. For example, you may have to consider property and liability insurance or even commercial vehicle insurance. If you’re working from home, you will need to review your home insurance policy to see whether your business or equipment are covered. In each instance, it’s important to take the time to compare your plans features against your family’s current or anticipated needs. Speaking with your insurance advisor will help steer you in the right direction.
- Retirement: – Perhaps you are a member of a company pension, or you may hold your own personal pension. Therefore, you are probably aware that there are many different options available to you. The amount you will actually receive will depend on your circumstances when you decide to take your retirement. It is important to get expert advice on your protection, investment or retirement needs so that you fully understand what lies ahead.
How can we help?
Start a conversation today with Murray & Spelman Ltd or Murray & Spelman (Financial Services) Ltd. Our teams are always happy to assist with your insurance and finance requirements.
Request a callback today.